Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hate is NOT Constitutional in California - Take That Mormon Church!

I haven't said much in a long time but I had to come here after reading the news to share my joy.

Proposition 8 was struck down by the Federal District Court in San Francisco today.

I am so happy for all of my gay friends, even those that have passed on )boy would R have fought this battle with vigor and would have been jumping for joy right now!), gay people everywhere and my fellow straight people.

This is a victory for all of us, as "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere", as the wonderful Martin Luther King Jr. once said.  I think of he and Bayard Rustin today.  I think of young people who will grow up in a different world.  I think of those that are for federally mandated hatred and injustice and hope that we can bridge the gap somehow.

I'm sorry this is all over the place, I'm just quickly typing in my joy!

Oh, and Mormon Church?  Neeneer, neeneer, neeneer!!!!  Now, just as you allowed black men to fully join your church (long after you accepted their tithing), please have some of humble pie, prepared by the Relief Society of course, and remember that Primary song, "Jesus said love everyone, treat them kindly too".

5 comments:

  1. I too am pretty excited about this ruling. Took damn long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.liveoffensively.com/lo/index.php/jesus-loves-homosexuals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you sister!!! There were loud cheers in this household too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is old, but I just came across it and ... yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a simple solution which just might make everyone happy. How about civil government gets out of the marriage business entirely? People say that government shouldn't be in our bedrooms, so why are we letting them regulate this very intimate aspect of our lives? Not a sermon, just a thought...

    ReplyDelete